The Molchensk Icon of the Mother of God
Commemorated on April 24, September 18
The Molchensk Icon of the Mother of God appeared on 18 September 1405 in the Molcha swampland not far from Putivl'. At first it was situated in the Molchensk Sophroniev wilderness monastery, but in 1605, specifically on 24 April, it was transferred to the Putivl'sk monastery.
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.