The Syamsk Icon of the Mother of God

Commemorated on September 8

      The Syamsk Icon of the Mother of God was found at the Syamsk-Vologda monastery, established in the XVI Century. In the year 1542 during a fire occurring at the monastery, only the wonderworking icon alone was saved. After the fire the monastery was rebuilt. And in the year 1770 at the monastery was built a church in honour of the Nativity of the MostHoly Mother of God, and in it was placed this wonderworking icon of the Mother of God.

© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.