The Tambovsk Wonderworking Icon of the Mother of God
Commemorated on July 8
The Tambovsk Wonderworking Icon of the Mother of God is located in the Transfiguration temple of the Tambov cathedral church. The first miracle from it occurred on 6 December 1695, when during the time of the all-night vigil it shed tears. From that time constantly the holy icon has provided healing to the infirm. The icon was written in the Kazan form.
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.