The Icon of the Mother of God, named "The Powerful"
Commemorated on March 2
The Icon of the Mother of God, named "The Powerful", appeared on 2 March 1917 in the village of Kolomensk near Moscow. A service and akathist to it were composed with the assistance of His Holiness Sainted Patriarch Tikhon (+ 1925. Comm. 25 March, 26 September, Sunday following 25 January; glorified 1989).
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.