The Domnitsk Icon of the Mother of God
Commemorated on September 8
The Domnitsk Icon of the Mother of God appeared in the year 1696 on the bank of the Domnitsa River in Chernigov diocese, not far from the city of Berezna. At the place of appearance of the icon a monastery was established, in which was situated the wonderworking image. In the year 1771 the inhabitants of the city prayed before the holy icon and were delivered from plague through the intercession of the Mother of God.
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.