The Glinsk Icon of the Nativity of the MostHoly Mother of God

Commemorated on September 8

      The Glinsk Icon of the Nativity of the MostHoly Mother of God appeared in the XVI Century in the Glinsk wilderness of the Kursk region. A monastery was established in 1648 and received its name from the boyars (nobles) named Glinsky.

1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.

Close window

                            

Close window