The Monk Elisei of Sumsk
Commemorated on June 14
The Monk Elisei of Sumsk – took monastic vows at the Solovetsk monastery. He was occupied with the plaiting of fishing nets. Before death he became a schemamonk. In 1688 miracles began from the grave of the monk, resting beneathe a crypt in the Nikol'sk church of the city of Suma, Archangel'sk diocese.
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.