The Igorevsk Icon of the Mother of God

Commemorated on June 5

      The Igorevsk Icon of the Mother of God, in front of which was praying, during the last moments of his life, the holy Passion-Bearer GreatPrince of Kiev Igor Ol'govich (+ 19 September 1147), was situated in the chapel of Saint John the Theologian in the Uspensk-Dormition cathedral of the Kievo-Pechersk Lavra. This icon was of old Greek origin, and had an inscription that it belonged to Saint Igor.

1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.

Close window

The Igorevsk Icon
of the Mother of God

Close window