The Holy Hodegetria Icon of the Mother of God, named the Christopherite (Khristophorovsk)

Commemorated on July 28

      The Holy Hodegetria Icon of the Mother of God, named the Christopherite (Khristophorovsk), in 1555 was put in the temple of the monastery, founded by the Monk Christopher, a disciple of the Monk Longin of Koryazemsk (+ 1540). This icon was glorified by many miracles, and round about from the monastery flows from the earth a spring of healing water.

1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.

Close window

                            

Close window