The Grebnevsk Icon of the Mother of God
Commemorated on July 28
The Grebnevsk Icon
of the Mother of God, glorified by miracles and situated in a church in the
city of Grebna (on the River Chira, flowing into the Don), was presented by the
inhabitants of the city to GreatPrince Dimitrii Donskoi upon his return from
the Kulikovo Battle in 1380.
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.