The Icon of the Mother of God "Joy of All Sorrowing" ("With Petty Change")

Commemorated on July 23

      The Icon of the Mother of God "Joy of All Sorrowing" ("With Petty Change") was glorified in the year 1888 in Peterburg, when during the time of a terrible thunderstorm lightning struck in a chapel, but the icon of the Queen of Heaven situated in it remained unharmed; to it however was melted small metal coins (half-kopeck pieces), laying before the icon. A church was built in 1898 on the spot of the chapel.

1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.

Close window

                            

Close window