The Kazan Wonderworking Icon of the Mother of God, named the Nizhnelomovsk

Commemorated on July 8

      The Kazan Wonderworking Icon of the Mother of God, named the Nizhnelomovsk, appeared in 1643 at a spring near the city of Nizhni Lomov in Penzensk district. The icon was placed in a chapel, and here in 1648 was built a church. Before the Icon of the Mother of God, by Divine mercy, the sick received healing. And nearby the church was built a monastery.

1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.

Close window

                            

Close window