The Uncovering of the Relics of the Monk Evphymii of Suzdal' the Wonderworker

Commemorated on July 4, April 1

      The Uncovering of the Relics of the Monk Evphymii of Suzdal' the Wonderworker, who died on 1 April 1405, occurred in the year 1507 during the construction of a new stone church when the monastery was headed by the hegumen Kirill (later bishop of Rostov). The incorrupt relics were the source of numerous miracles, and they were placed in the Transfiguration cathedral of the monastery. In 1511 after its restorations, the church (a rare memorial of XIV Century architecture) was consecrated in the name of the Monk Evphymii.

1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.

Close window

The Monk Evphymii of Suzdal' the Wonderworker

Close window